- Paris was founded in the 3rd century BC and was previously called to be Lutetia.
2. In total there are 38 cities called Paris across the world from the United States to Sweden and even in Panama.
3. There are in total 1803 monuments and 173 museums in Paris there are also 450 parks and gardens of the city spread out across more than 1200 acres.
4. There are 10 statues of Liberty in France five of which are in Paris.
5. Paris is number one in the world when it comes to the number of libraries it has eight hundred thirty of them in total.
6. There are four hundred and seventy thousand trees in Paris.
7. The most visited monument in Paris is a Notre Dame Cathedral with more than 14 million visitors in 2014.
8. During World War one France built a fake Paris near the capital city to confuse German pilots.
9. There are more dogs at the city than children about 300,000.
10. There is only one stop sign in the center of Paris this sign was located at the exit of a construction material company in the 16th arrondissement.
11. The Eiffel Tower weighs 7,000 tons and uses 50 tons of paint every year.
12. France is the most visited country in the world more than 80 million people visit every year.
13. Popular must-see sites are Notre Dame the Eiffel Tower, Monument the Louvre and of course Disneyland.
14. The motto of Paris is Fluctuat nec mergitur which means toss but not sunk.
15. Finally Paris facts , film shooting in Paris is free except for scenes shot in a garden, museum or swimming pool.